Hi, I’m Marie Zimenoff, CEO of CTL...
I’m a passionate advocate for career industry professionals and a decades-long practicing career coach myself. I’m so glad you’re here.
The Now, The New & The Next in Careers
College Career Services Resources
Topics & Recordings
Many colleges are having virtual graduations this week and students will finally feel ready to launch their job search.
Research from RippleMatch shows that graduates are struggling to identify companies that are hiring.
There are A LOT of lists out there right now of companies that are hiring. We've compiled them on the here.
And we know that applying online without a referral leads to dismal results (around a 5% chance of getting the job).
Join us as we go through tips gathered from university and college career services teams to help students find open positions and network in! We'll look at lists of open positions, talk about how to use them, and give you a few new ideas.
College career service pros ... if your students are struggling to find an internship, Jon Schlesinger and Sarah Hester can help!
Jon recently wrote an article sharing how he's helping students find and create experiences to fill the gap of that internship that disappeared.
Jon and I go through the data around who is hiring and tips for helping students land an internship or job.
Technical recruiter Sarah Hester joins us to talk about how students can stand out online, in applications, and in interviews.
Larry Gonzales e-Recruiter at Intel and recruiter Leeya Alperson will share their insights:
- how companies are still hiring and what you are seeing companies/colleges do to facilitate campus hiring today
- how career services teams can select virtual job fair tools, including an overview of tools and what questions to consider before selection
- how career services can monetize a virtual career fair while maximizing participation by companies
- strategies for students to stand out during a virtual job fair
- follow up strategies for students
- other ways career services teams can support students
- how students can connect with recruiters online to improve their chances of landing an interview
- how students can stand out in the first phone screen
- red flags to avoid during the first phone screen
Links & Resources
See Who's Hiring: CTL's List of Curated Lists: who's hiring during COVID.
Handshake's List of Companies Hiring Students: https://learn.joinhandshake.com/students/hiring-on-handshake-500/
Mirco-internship Company: https://www.parkerdewey.com/
Job Matching Site: https://ripplematch.com/index
Data on What Students Are Experiencing: https://ripplematch.com/insights/article/how-college-students-are-navigating-entry-level-jobs-and-internships-during-covid-19-90bd379a/
SWE Internship Program Information: https://alltogether.swe.org/2020/05/swe-signs-open-letter-supporting-2020-summer-internship-programs/